Murrieta's Complete Guide To Rat Infestations
Murrieta is known for its beautiful weather, but it's also home to some unwanted pests; namely, rats. These rodents can be a nuisance, and they can also spread disease. If you're having a rat infestation in your home, don't worry, we're here to help. Bull's Eye Pest Control will go over some helpful facts about rats: where they might be lurking in your house, how to humanely remove them, and the best way to get rid of rats for good with pest control in Murrieta.
Where Do Rats Like To Hide?
You may be surprised to learn that rats in Murrieta can squeeze their bodies into spaces as small as a quarter. This means that they can access your home through tiny cracks and crevices. Here are several places rats like to hide in homes:
- In attics: Rats nest in attics because they're warm and dry. They'll build their nests out of insulation, paper, and other materials they find around your home.
- In walls: Rats like to gnaw on wires, so they might be hiding in your walls. You might hear them scratching or chewing if they're in your walls.
- Underneath appliances: Appliances like refrigerators and stoves provide a warm place for rats to hide. You might see them running around underneath your appliances or in the back of your cabinets.
If you see even one rat in your home, there's a good chance there are more. Rats breed quickly, so it's important to take care of the problem as soon as possible.
Is It Possible To Have A Rat-Free Home Without Killing Them?
One humane way to get rid of rats is to use live traps to catch the rats and release them into the wild. This is only effective if you have a few rats, though, as they'll quickly breed and come back.
The most effective way to get rid of rats is to call a professional pest control company like Bull's Eye Pest Control. We'll be able to quickly and humanely remove the rats from your home so you can have peace of mind.
Five Ways To Deter Rats
There are a few actions you can take to prevent a rat invasion in your Murrieta home:
- Keep your garbage in sealed containers. Rats will eat just about anything, so it's important to keep your garbage in sealed containers.
- Don't leave food out. If you have pet food or other food that rats might be interested in, don't leave it out. Store it in a sealed container or in a place where rats can't get to it
- Keep your house clean. A clean house is less appealing to rats. Vacuum and sweep regularly, and don't leave food or garbage out.
- Seal up any holes. Rats can fit through very small spaces, so it's important to seal up any holes in your home. Check for cracks or gaps in your walls, floors, and ceilings, and seal them up with caulk or expandable foam.
- Call Bull's Eye Pest Control. Our pest control in Murrieta can help you get rid of rats for good.
If you have a rat infestation, don't wait to call Bull's Eye Pest Control. We'll help you get rid of the rats in your home and keep them from coming back.
Total Rat Control For Murrieta Residents
When it comes to rats, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That’s why at Bull’s Eye Pest Control, we offer comprehensive rat control services that are designed to keep these pests away for good. We offer both one-time and recurring services, so you can choose the option that best fits your needs.
Our experienced team of professionals will work with you to create a customized plan for your home, and we’ll use only the most effective rat control methods to keep these pests away. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Murrieta including our rat control services or to schedule a free inspection.